MyWorkwear support Recycling Management with promotional tee'sBlogs
On Sunday, our friends at Recycling Management have sponsored a charity abseil. As well as sponsoring the event, members of the RM team and their families are taking part. Along with other supporters, they will be abseiling 200 feet down the Holiday Inn Express in Birmingham.
MyWorkwear have created some fabulous promotion t-shirts for the abseilers from RM to wear for the event. We support their head for heights!
Why are they sponsoring the event, and abseiling 200 feet?
The team from Recycling Management and other abseilers are supporting the charity Parkinsons UK. By taking part in the challenge they will not only be raising much needed funds for the charity, but also awareness of the condition.
Parkinsons UK are on a mission to change attitudes, offer support to those affected and find a cure.
They want to bring forward the day when no one fears Parkinsons.
Did you know?
- Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinsons a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
- Parkinsons is a progressive neurological condition. This means that it causes problems in the brain and gets worse over time. People with Parkinsons dont have enough of the chemical dopamine because some of the nerve cells that make it have died.
- In the West Midlands alone, there are over 12,000 people living with Parkinsons. They estimate that around 145,000 people in the UK have the condition. Thats around 1 in 350 adults in the UK.
As well as physical symptoms, people with Parkinsons are also affected by stigma
- Many affected have been asked to leave shops, refused entry or thrown off public transport.
- 1 in 4 people have had their Parkinsons confused for drunkenness.
- 1 in 10 have been laughed at due to their symptoms.
There are too many cases where people are mistreated because of their Parkinsons.
Its not simply an old persons condition. You could be working with someone who is living with Parkinsons and not even realise.
Parkinsons doesnt discriminate it can affect anyone at any time. If youd like to find out more, please take a look at the Parkinsons UK website.
If you did want to donate to Recycling Managements just giving page, please click here.
A forward thinking, innovative total waste management company with over 50 years experience in servicing both large and small companies across the UK.
A family owned business, Recycling Management owns their own fleet and recycling plant. They recycle over 1,000 tonnes of waste per week day and offer value and revenue to their client base.
If you are looking for a partner to dispose of your waste. Contact the team at Recycling Management and see how they can help you.
Established in 1976 and based in Telford, MyWorkwear originally manufactured a combined golf bag and trolley, then cycle panniers. It was when one of their largest customers Halfords needed a coverall uniform for their new car centres that MyWorkwear began to produce and supply clothing.
In the early days MyWorkwear manufactured and supplied bespoke garments for the many Japanese companies investing in British factories, as the garments issued from Japan did not fit the British worker.
By the mid 90s the way the world shopped was changing. MyWorkwear launched their first website. This is when they expanded into selling workwear and uniforms that had not been made in-house.
Fast forward to today. MyWorkwear continues to supply, manufacture and personalise uniform, workwear and clothing to individuals and businesses across the UK.
If keeping your office and factory staff smart, comfortable and safe is important to you. Contact the team at MyWorkwear and lets see how we can achieve that for you.